x South Africa x Botswana x 2022
Join Talking Drums on our South Africa x Botswana Travel Adventure!
South Africa x Botswana - 10 days/9 nights for £1300
Overview of South Africa x Botswana:
South Africa, the rainbow nation, also known as Mzansi, provides something for everyone!
From the cultural vibes and history of Johannesburg, to the stunning scenery of the garden route and Cape Town, to the hub of Durban, Africa's southernmost country is filled with diversity, a rich and at times troubled history, and home to some of the most formidable Africans of our time.
Botswana, home to natural wonders including the Chobe National Park, the Kalahari Desert, the Okavango Delta and the Makgadikgadi Salt Pans, borders Namibia, Zimbabwe and South Africa. Famous for its wildlife and nature, Botswana is also home the historic San Bushmen, indigenous peoples of Southern Africa.
Overview of the Travel Adventure:
PART 1 - South Africa:
1. Explore the vibrant Johannesburg aka. JoBurg aka. Jozi, including a Maboneng Street Art Tour.
2. Visit the Apartheid Museum and the historic Soweto including Vilakazi Street (home to two Nobel Peace Laureates).
2. Experience the culture of the Ndebele people in Mpumalanga.
3. Fly to and explore the coastal city of Cape Town.
4. Relax on the pristine beaches and amongst the penguins of Boulders Beach.
5. Head to the colourful town of Bo-Kaap.
6. Visit the historic Robben Island, the UNESCO World Heritage Site, Table Mountain, and the tranquil Stellenbosch Botanical Gardens.
7. Sample the delights of a South African Winery.
PART 2 - Botswana (in partnership with Passport_To):
1. Explore what Botswana's tourism capital, Maun, has to offer - immersing in local culture and communities.
2. Visit Makgadikgadi, one of the largest salt pans in the world.
3. Spot wildlife in their natural habitat, on a 2-day Safari including a cruise down the Thamalakane River.
What is the Talking Drums Travel Adventure?
It is a travel tour of like-minded individuals, coming together to explore Africa and beyond! Talking Drums curates trips for small groups, and as much as possible, procures goods and services from local businesses, to contribute to the local economy.
We aim to immerse ourselves in each experience, and empower you to undertake your own travel adventures responsibly, whilst having a positive impact across Africa and beyond. Solo travellers are warmly welcome.
With a Talking Drums Travel Adventure, you will be travelling with a purpose. Where possible, we source our goods and services from local businesses, and also donate a proceed of profits to initiatives that benefit the local communities to where we travel.
With a focus on having a positive impact, we align our services to the United Nations' Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), a universal call to action to end poverty, protect the planet and ensure that all people enjoy peace and prosperity by 2030.
What does the price include?
The price includes:
all advertised activities (excluding beach/water activities)
transport to activities
accommodation and breakfast
welcome and leaving dinners, and all meals on Safari
All pre-booked activities are based on availability and subject to change.
The price excludes international flights, food and drink (except breakfast, welcome and leaving dinners, and all meals on Safari), tips and gratuities.
Do I have to pay it all at once?
You have the option to pay the total price at the time of booking or the deposit of £300. If you choose the deposit option, the remaining funds will be due 6 weeks before the start of the tour. Please note, the deposit is non-refundable.
What should I do before travelling?
Before travelling, you must ensure you:
Have necessary immunisations for South Africa and Botswana
Have travel insurance that provides sufficient coverage. Please note you will not be permitted to travel on this adventure without travel insurance.
Adhere to the necessary entry requirements such as visa, copy of a yellow fever certificate (see the FCDO website for further guidance).